The Interior Designer has a vast understanding of the design industry and effectively communicates ideas through sketching, visualization, and construction documents. The Interior Designer provides guidance on building codes, accessibility guidelines, and interior finishes.
Reports To: Senior Interior Designer FLSA Status: Exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate on projects, including programming, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development.
- Selection, specification and coordination of finishes, fixtures, and furniture.
- Participate in construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples.
- Participate in upkeep and management of the Resource Library, including scheduling manufacturer updates and appointments.
- Preparation of documentation in Revit throughout all phases of projects.
- Ensure that information is communicated clearly, accurately and in a visually appealing manner.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
No supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong organizational, communication and relationship skills.
- Knowledge of the design process from Preliminary Design through Construction administration, to also include FF&E, furniture systems, specifications, and materiality.
- Ability to communicate design ideas verbally, written and graphically.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a variety of projects and project types in various stages of development.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketchup, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Proficiency in Revit, experience with BIM 360 is a bonus.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to create design solutions that are thoughtfully curated and implemented.
- Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- A take charge attitude and a reliable self-starter.
- A common-sense approach when solving problems.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse group of people and individuals.
- Must be able to effectively follow through.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architectural Design, or related field.
4+ years of professional industry experience, NCIDQ certification is preferred but not required.
- Do the Right Thing. Act Ethically. We are responsible for our words, our actions and our results.
- Build Relationships for Life. At Work. At Home. In the Community.
- Solve It. Deliver results through innovation, creative thinking, and problem solving.
- Have Fun. Perform at Your Best. Celebrate Successes.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The job is performed in an office setting.
Must be aware and conform to all safety requirements when in the building, operating motor vehicles, or in the field performing duties for the company.
Apply to Brier.Derby@lloydcompanies.com