Position: Architectural Graduate
Location: Rapid City, SD
TSP is a fast-paced, full-service design firm that successfully integrates architecture, engineering, interior design, and planning. Since 1930, TSP has been discovering facility design solutions that truly match the vision and mission of our clients.
As an Architectural Graduate you will assist in the development of building construction and renovation projects on a multitude of levels including development of conceptual design drawings and renderings, feasibility studies, construction drawings and specifications, code compliance reviews, cost estimating, and shop drawing review. If you have a passion for design, are driven, creative and like to have fun, come join our team.
- Contribute to the development of preliminary design concepts through drawings, specifications, and renderings.
- Investigate alternative design options throughout design process.
- Assist in the development of detailed bid packages, including finalized drawings and specifications.
- Assist with building code research and plan review submissions to state and local authorities.
- Ability to assemble a construction drawing set including site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details etc. with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology, materials application, and interpretation of manufacturers' requirements
- Champion TSP
- Able to both lead and collaborate effectively in a team-based environment.
- Strong commitment to delivering outstanding design solutions and exceptional client service.
- Excellent organization and communication skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently
- Identify with TSP's core values:
- "We Before Me": Prioritizing teamwork and collective success over individual achievements
- "Design It Like We Own It": Taking ownership and responsibility for the quality of design work.
- "Committed To Our Craft": Demonstrating a strong dedication to professional excellence.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution seeking registration.
- 2-5 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Revit
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
This position operates in an office environment, regularly working in indoor conditions and on a computer. The noise level is usually moderate. This job entails sitting and collaborating with team members and stakeholders, along with communicating via phone/video. Occasionally, the employee may need to stand, walk, and lift/move objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Some overnight travel may be required.